The NBA is one of the most popular professional sports leagues in the United States. If you want to be able to see your favorite basketball players up close and personal, NBA courtside seats are a must! But how much do they cost? How much does it cost for other types of tickets? Are there any deals available? Find out all about this information in our blog post!
How Much do NBA Courtside Seats Cost?
Well, the answer to that question varies depending on several variables. However, you can expect to spend a pretty penny if you’re looking for tickets in this price range and especially during playoff time!
We can expect to pay $31,000 for lower-level sideline seats during the NBA Finals!
For other games throughout the season?
It’s not uncommon to see courtside tickets go for about $15,000. That said, if you’re looking on resale sites like StubHub or SeatGeek (or even Craigslist). Prices will likely be significantly less than that depending on how far in advance you purchase them and what team is playing. Some teams are more popular than others; especially when they make it into playoff time!
Of course, it’s possible to find tickets for cheaper than that depending on the team you’re interested in.
For instance, courtside tickets for Cleveland Cavaliers games are currently selling for between $12,000 and $13,500 each! Such costs will undoubtedly change over time, especially during the playoffs, but you still have a chance to get those front-row seats. Then be ready to spend a lot of money!
Overall NBA Season:
- New York Knicks (Home Games) – Most expensive; over $20k average price per game
- Los Angeles Lakers (Home Games) – Second most expensive; close to $20k/game
- Boston Celtics (Road Games) – Third most expensive; close to $17k
Lakers v Golden State Warriors in the 2018 Playoffs
If we take a look at the Lakers’ game against the Golden State Warriors in January 2018 as an example: while sideline courtside seats went for about $7500 each ticket with taxes included (as of this writing), there were lower-level corner seats for about $4000, and upper-level sideline seats at around $2000.
Are there any discounts on offer? Actually, sort of! As long as it’s not playoff time, the NBA’s “Dollar Days” program allows fans to purchase courtside seats for specific games during the season for just one dollar each. If you think that sounds excellent, be vigilant at all times.
In addition, most teams will release an extremely limited number of standing-room-only tickets on game day. According to SeatGeek, these usually go from anywhere between $100-$200. Depending on how popular a team is with fans and how hot of a game it is.
Where Else Can You Find Tickets?
If courtside seats aren’t your thing, there are many other businesses that sell tickets at very affordable prices. These tickets are available on several of the secondary ticket markets already mentioned, such as StubHub, SeatGeek, TickPick, etc. These businesses have been around long enough to have a solid reputation and a track record of reliability.
Not only do they provide tickets for a small portion of face value, but some even let you sell your ticket back if you find yourself unable to attend an event.
Another option to get NBA courtside seats without paying full price is using this method. Simply by purchasing discounted tickets from fans who no longer require them, this enables everyone involved in the transaction to profit from cost savings on their end as well as money made selling off unused inventory as opposed to simply sitting around doing nothing until another buyer shows up later looking for those same seats.
So basically there are several options available when trying to buy NBA courtside seats. Or other prime location games depending on how much you’re willing to spend.
Keep an Eye Out for Special Offers!
A lot of NBA teams also offer special discounts for students, military members, and first responders amongst other groups on designated nights or whenever they have a home game so keep an eye out for those opportunities too! This is especially true during the regular season as opposed to around playoff time when prices tend to be higher.
How Much You are Willing to Pay
Also, it’s crucial to consider your ability to pay, which is mostly determined by your budget in any case, rather than merely your willingness to pay. If it helps at all, consider the fact that courtside seats are among the most expensive sports tickets, along with access to VIP lounges behind each team bench where celebrities and average Joes alike mingle while watching the world’s best athletes compete up close and personal while savoring their favorite drinks and gourmet snacks the entire night.
That being said, if you want the bragging rights that come with being able to claim, “I was there!” then this is a dream worth paying for. Having courtside seats to see your favorite team play will definitely set you apart from those who couldn’t afford them or didn’t want to; however, keep in mind that prices do change depending on how much demand there is at any particular time of year.
Why are NBA Tickets so Expensive!
NBA Tickets are relatively expensive compared to other sports. An average NBA ticket is around $62 as of the time this article was written, whereas MLB ticket averages at about half that price ($31), and an NHL ticket costs on average only $48!
There are several reasons for these discrepancies – but most can be traced back to how popular professional basketball has become over the years which lead to more demand overall with increased prices as a result.
A second push-up occurs on the secondary market as a result of customers being willing and able to pay those higher costs for seats in great locations since NBA teams also have a tendency to sell out their games more frequently than teams in other sports.
Having said all of that, it’s crucial to keep in mind that, if you have the patience and willingness to hunt around, someone will always be selling tickets for less than face value. Despite the fact that they can initially be more expensive, you might really end up spending less money.
So, there are a number of factors that contribute to NBA games generally costing more to attend than other sports. But it’s totally worth it if you love basketball and want the best experience imaginable!
ticket tips and how to make the most out of it
- Buy Your Basketball Tickets Late – Do some research by checking your team’s trends for other upcoming basketball games, keeping an eye on ticket prices in the days leading up to the game. Observe the prices 24 hours before the game and check again a few minutes before the game begins. By understanding the ticket resale trends, you could get yourself a bargain in the hours leading up to the game. Although you may be more limited with seat selection and quantity of tickets, those who are more flexible can grab themselves a fantastic deal by buying their basketball tickets late.
- You’ll Get a Better Deal on Weekday Games – Primetime weekend basketball games take place on Saturday and Sunday. On average, tickets for these two days cost significantly more on resale sites than weekday games, where you will likely find more seat availability. Choosing to go on a Monday or Tuesday will help you score cheaper tickets
- Early Season Games – games in October, November, and December are often less expensive than those in later months. If you want to make sure to see your team at least once this year, doing so before the playoff race heats up would be a smart move.
- Don’t Just Go to Big Games – The NBA has talent from top to bottom, and seeing games in person will help you appreciate players you might not be familiar with. Sure, everyone wants to see the Los Angeles Lakers come to town, but teams that are building for the future will give you sneak peeks at the stars of tomorrow. Plus, tickets can be cheaper for games featuring less-heralded teams.
- Get There Early for Warm-Ups – The number-one tip for having the best possible time at an NBA game is to arrive early. It’s already a good idea to arrive with plenty of time to get concessions and find your seats, but don’t miss out on the unique experience that is watching NBA warm-up routines. You would get a lot more of your money’s worth if you stay in the venue at an earlier and longer time. Talk to the other fellow fans, watch the routines of your favorite stars, maybe you also might have the chance to take a photo with them or get an autograph.
So, there you have it! You know all about NBA Courtside seats and more about NBA tickets in general. We hope we’ve given you some information to help with your decision-making process. Are NBA courtside seats worth the price tag for you? What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!
Here are Some of our Favourite Basketball Sneakers
Here we will be giving more of an opinion, rather than facts. Are the sneakers worth the price that they are being sold at? Should you upgrade from your current sneakers, depending on what boots you own? What features stand out on these sneakers? If any. Does it do the job? Speed, control, stability etc. Depending on your needs/preferences. We can also mention its durability, if we have collected enough data on the specific sneakers.
What did we expect vs. what we got. Is it maybe overrated/underrated?
Here’s our pick from the very best of the bunch.
On your way to the pro leagues? Here’s our pick.
Want something to start with? Have a look at our pick.