As a website user, you can tour through most of our site without giving any information that personally identifies you, reveals personal information or allows us to contact you. At times we do require information to respond to your requests.
Field Insider (Malta) collects, uses, shares or otherwise processes personal information that you provide to us when you subscribe to our services, or that we may otherwise obtain or generate, which relates to you.
This statement explains the data we collect from you and its use.
1. What information do we gather about you and how is it being used?
1.1. Website users
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. google.com) and an IP Address (e.g. 184.108.40.206). When a visitor requests a page from within this site, our servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our Web Server. Our website also uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies are created for each session when you visit our website. None of the information collected by means of cookies is associated with you as an individual. We do not use the cookie technology to capture individual e-mail addresses or any personally identifying information about you.
In fact, very little information is automatically gathered and logged.
This information may include:
• the date and time when you access our website;
• the website pages that you view and any download that you may make through such pages;
• whether or not such viewing or download is successful;
• the IP address of the site that may have referred you to us;
• your IP address;
• the operating system that you may be using (e.g. Windows 10);
• the version and make of browser that you may be using (e.g. Internet Explorer 7.0); and
• additional metrics provided by Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Publisher Tools, HotJar and Facebook.
There is nothing special about the information described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by virtually every Web Server on the Internet today. Field Insider (Malta) has found it advantageous to observe visitor traffic in its aggregate, so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems that users like yourself use to visit our website.
Should you wish to reject all, or certain cookies used by our website, you may modify your web browser preferences to do so. If, however you reject all cookies then you might be unable to use some of the services available on our website. Moreover, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to choose whether or not you wish to accept it. Usually, the information on how to change your options regarding cookies can be obtained by referring to your operating systems manual or to the ‘Help’ section of your web browser, or by contacting your Internet Service Provider.
1.2. What other information does this site request?
We may also request your e-mail address, name, surname, company, position, location, web address, services you may be interested in and your comments, as well as certain optional information such as your gender, birth date, wedding date and contact number for marketing purposes. We maintain a strict “No Spam” policy that means we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third-party, without your consent. In addition, Field Insider (Malta). will not send you e-mails that you have not agreed to receive or otherwise communicate with you in ways which you have not authorised. If you wish to have specific communications with a member of the Field Insider (Malta) staff, you will be required to provide specific information that will be routed to the appropriate contact within Field Insider (Malta)
We may also receive professional information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources. We may combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided to us.
The information gathered through cookies may include:
• the date and time when you access our website;
• the website pages that you view and any download that you may make through such pages;
• whether or not such viewing or download is successful;
• the Internet address of the website or the domain name of the computer from which you access our website;
• the operating system of the machine running your web browser; and the type and version of your web browser.
Should you wish to reject all or certain cookies used by our website, you may modify your web browser preferences to do so. If, however you reject all cookies then you might be unable to use some of the services available on our website. Moreover, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to choose whether or not you wish to accept it. Usually, the information on how to change your options regarding cookies can be obtained by referring to your operating systems manual or to the ‘Help’ section of your web browser, or by contacting your Internet Service Provider.
1.3 What personal information do we collect for our clients and where do we obtain it from?
The personal information that we collect about you when you subscribe to one of our services may include:
• your name or that of your representative;
• email and mailing address;
• phone number;
• business hours;
• your business or professional details;
• your Direct Debit Mandate Number and other financial data; and
We gather and generate information about you when you provide it to us or interact with us directly. We may also collect your personal information in the course of our normal business operations which include monitoring of businesses operating within Malta and Gozo and compiling data on such businesses. Otherwise, we may also receive professional information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources. We may combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided to us.
2. Use of your personal information
We will process any personal data supplied to us for all or any of the following purposes:
• feature your business or services on Field Insider platforms, including, our directory, websites and Mobile Apps when you subscribe to one of our services;
• communicate with you and provide you with information about our products and services, including direct marketing communications;
• answer your questions and request for services, and solicit your feedback;
• process payments as agreed with you;
• send important notices, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
• send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• for internal purposes such as auditing, risk assessment purposes, internal management, research and statistics, systems administration and the development and improvement of our products and services;
• to monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services to understand which parts of our digital platforms and services are of the most interest and to improve the design and content of our platforms;
• to ensure we have up-to-date contact information for you;
• to prevent, detect and/or prosecute any illegal and/or criminal activity which we are bound to report and to meet any other specific legal or contractual obligations;
• to establish, exercise or defend any legal action;
• to protect and promote our legitimate interests and the proper conduct of our business;
• share identity, address and contact details of your business listing with third party search engines (such as Google) and other relevant websites so that we can help promote your business; and
• we may also record phone communications for training purposes.
We may also be required to processes your personal data for the purpose of:
• compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, guidance and codes; and
• compliance with demands or requests made by local and foreign regulators, governments, courts and law enforcement authorities, and complying with a court process, or in connection with any litigation;
3. On what basis do we use your personal information?
For the performance of a contract: We process your personal data as necessary in order to provide you with the contracted services when you place an order for advertisement space to feature in one of our publications or website and Mobile App services.
With your consent:
We will process your personal information when you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes set out above. You have various rights where we are processing your information on the basis of your consent. For example, if you no longer wish to be on one of our mailing lists, you can choose to opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of our promotional emails. If you have an online account with us, you can also opt out by updating your preferences.
For legitimate business purposes: Using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business and provide up to date information on businesses operating in Malta and Gozo. Using your personal information allows us to feature your business on all Field Insider platforms together with other businesses operating in Malta and Gozo. Where we use your personal information for this purpose, rest assured that we will take measures to protect your personal information.
To comply with a legal obligation:
There may be instances where we are legally obliged to process your personal information.
4. Recipients and sharing of your personal information
Your personal information will be received by Field Insider (Malta) representatives and employees.
We may also share your personal information with any of the following:
• other companies forming part of the Field Insider group of companies, affiliate companies and companies having the same shareholding as Field Insider (Malta) or in which Field Insider (Malta) has a controlling interest, for legitimate business purposes;
• our agents, suppliers and business partners strictly as required in order to carry out the purposes outlined in this privacy notice;
• our professional advisors and auditors strictly as required for consultation purposes or for compliance with our legal obligations;
• regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities as and when this is required under applicable laws and regulations;
• courts, tribunals, arbitrators or other competent bodies who may have authority to request such personal information; and
• other third parties in connection with our selling, merging, buying or reorganising all or any part of our business, or carrying out any similar change of our business (including any potential or actual purchaser of that business or that purchaser’s advisors).
5. Transfers outside the European Union
We may transfer your personal information outside of Malta. The countries to which your personal information is transferred may not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of Malta. Where appropriate, we will take steps to ensure your information is transferred subject to appropriate safeguards, such as by entering into data transfer agreements. Where we have put data transfer agreements or similar safeguards in place, we may be able to make a copy of this available to you if you contact us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Us” below.
6. How long will we keep your personal information?
We have a data retention policy that sets out how long we keep your information. This policy is based on the type of information, the purpose of collection, and the system within our digital platforms in which the information is held. As a general rule, we keep your personal information for as long as we need to in order to carry out those purposes for which your data has been collected.
We use reasonable efforts to safeguard the integrity, availability and confidentiality of all personal data that we process relating to you and regularly review and enhance our technical, physical and managerial procedures so as to ensure that your personal data is protected from:
• unauthorised access;
• improper use or disclosure;
• unauthorised modification; and
• unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
To this end we have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control. All our employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are further obliged to respect the confidentiality of our clients’ and visitors’ personal data.
By its very nature however the Internet is not a secure medium and data sent via this medium can potentially be subject to unauthorised acts by third parties. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information passing over our website.
Moreover, data sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders even where sender and receiver of information are located in the same country. Consequently, data relating to you may be transmitted via a country having a lower level of data protection than that existing in your country of residence. We shall accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the security of your data while in transit through the Internet.
8. Third party links
No third party is permitted to link any other website to our website without obtaining our prior written consent.
9. Your Rights
You have the right to:
• withdraw your consent when your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal of your consent;
• ask Field Insider (Malta) about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by Field Insider (Malta);
• to request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
• to request to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services; and
• to complain to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like access to the information that we hold about you, if any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data or to restrict or object to us processing it, please let us know by getting in touch via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Us” below.
If you object to our processing of your personal information, we will respect such requests in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection may mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above.
Field Insider (Malta) may be required or entitled to retain your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights and legitimate interests.
In addition to those rights outlined above you also have an unconditional right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Us” below.
Field Insider (Malta) is the controller of your personal information.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Should you have any questions, comments and requests regarding the processing of your data you may contact us through any of the following methods:
By email: email@example.com
Field Insider (Malta)